Friday, March 25, 2011

What-Iffing (One of My Favorite Sports ...)

What if *everything* that happens "to" me really DOES work together for my good?

What if there really IS a good/prosperous plan for my life, to give me JOY?!?

What if I really CAN be thankful in ALL circumstances?

What if everything that I experience/feel IS both required and valid?

What if everyone really IS doing the best they can, based on what they believe (& how they were imprinted/conditioned)..?

What if ALL of us are ONLY trying to find unconditional love (in a painfully conditional realm)?

What if ALL actions (even attacks) are really cries for unconditional love?!?

What if I could forgive myself, and all others, for all the misguided things we think/say/do in our desperate longing for unconditional love...?

What if I am being led, all the time, not by a "god out there, somewhere, who wants me to get it right," but by the very Presence that IS me (& everything/one), and is using even (& especially!) my pain/grief/shame/anger/confusion to enable my inherent-wholeness to be my experienced-reality ...?

What if the "secret" to experiencing unconditional love is to first give it to MYSELF, by unconditionally feeling whatEVER emotion comes up, without judgment, without trying to "fix" it...?

What if unconditional love is not something to "go get" ... but something to give and receive ...?

What if I can trust, not in my mental-story, but in that which is navigating me through whatever I experience? What if all is well, and I am ok...?

What if everything has a good purpose, no matter what I *think* about it?

What if my suffering is not due to what is *happening* to me ... but in how I RESIST what is happening to me...?

What if life is not about "how to feel better" but "how to get better at feeling"...?

What if ...?!?


Shalom & Namaste ~
Dena

4 comments:

Harry Riley said...

You could What-If for the Olympics, Dena:)

I would agree with just about every word (as I often have:)), except that I'd say there's not so much a plan as a set of tools, unique to each one, with which we, as expressions of reality, source, God, universe, whatever, can choose to continue Creation, can consciously choose to evolve. It's in the melding of all these unique tools that this amazing Universe moves forward.

We are the Universe, aware of itself, rejoicing in itself, and then choosing to evolve to even greater heights of self-awareness and joy.

We are The Dance, and we can now start improvising the moves, fearlessly, and with increasing self-abandon.

How would you answer your own What-Ifs, Dena? Or are they Rhetorical What-Ifs?:)

Dena said...

Hmmm... Harry, you been reading Michael Brown by chance ...?

If you haven't, methinks you'd like him.

A lot.

http://www.thepresenceportal.com/

(and yup about the tools)

(& yup about the Dance)

(& yup about my answers ... I would say YES to it all...)

CrisisMaven said...

You may also be interested in how to treat their radioactively contaminated drinking water:
http://crisismaven.wordpress.com/2011/03/22/dangers-properties-possible-uses-and-methods-of-purification-of-radioactively-contaminated-drinking-water-e-g-in-japan/
Maybe someone wants to help with Japanese and other languages?

Harry Riley said...

I've not heard of the fella, Dena, but looking at what he says, I can't argue with it:) Thanks for pointing me there.

The power of Now is the infinite possibility contained within it...