Saturday, February 6, 2010

Howdy to All Y'all...!

Greetings from Texas!

I get to talk that way since I'm here ... and as I lived here in my youth, and once you've lived in Texas, you've got a bit of irretrievable Texas IN you. 'Course, I've lived in a couple-dozen places, so I guess I'm a bit of a walking menagerie ... in more ways than one.

Someone recently referred to me as spiritually-promiscuous ... as it appears to them that I'm changing my beliefs on a daily basis (like socks, she said, LOL!). Yes, it could look that way ... but transcendence incorporates "old" truth, even as it expands to add in "new" truth .... more "both/and" than "either/or".

I'm sure enjoying this respite of being surrounded by so many other "heretics"! While many of us have differing perspective, even from each other, there's a refreshing sense of acceptance, inclusion ... and a lack of alarm when someone says that they see a thing differently ... in fact, it's appreciated as a fresh aspect to consider. Quite nice. I could live this way. But then I'd want to go share the good stuff with someone...!

I've had the interesting (& new) experience of having someone introduce themself to me and say, "Oh yes, I know who you are - I read your blog." One lovely woman said that she's here because her friend reads this, and encouraged her to come ... And it's always wonderful to link up again with old friends. This is, by far, the most loving and inclusive group of folks I've ever hung out with...!

I'll be speaking first thing tomorrow morning ... my thoughts are coming together, but who knows what will actually come out of my mouth...?!? Can't wait to find out!

Shalom, Dena

5 comments:

cwtpmom said...

I really feel for you Dena. The biggest question in the world, greater than any ever asked, is "who is Jesus Christ?" I pray for you to have perfectly clear understanding in the moment when you need it, and the courage to find the words to express what the spirit guides you to say. Be humble, teachable as a child, and meek. I've always seen you in this "missionary-for-Christ" position, and know you will do well. I wish I could be there, but know I will add my prayers to those of your friends so that together we might help to lift you to that place where you need to be in order to testify of Christ, truthfully.
Connie

Harry Riley said...

Have a blast, you spiritually promiscuous person.

Tango to the rhythms of Truth!

graham old said...

Hey Dena,

I really, really, really wish I could have been there today. Hope it went well.

And I hope you loved it!

Amy said...

ROFL!! Dena, so love that you posted your blog addy in your last reponse in the yahoogroup... absolutely adore your insight! Always always!!

I am laughing out loud, girl! I totally get it! But wow, spiritually-promiscuous??? LOL!!

Amy

Dena said...

Thanks - ALL of you ...!

I'm home now ... exhausted, been up since 2:45AM to get the travel-day going ... crashing tomorrow, and then shopping/packing to leave again on Thursday ... insane, really. But so fun!

I'll have to update when I can THINK! :)

Much love to y'all...!