Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm Baa-aack...!

Sometimes the best part of going on a trip, is returning home ... and sometimes the returning home is bittersweet, when it requires the leaving-behind (even if temporarily) of those we love ...

This was just such a trip. On the one hand, having been both an army brat and a "heretic," I've lost my share of friends over the years. On the other hand, God has been so gracious as to connect me with SO vastly many wonderful people in recent years! First, my family-of-origin, who have arguably seen me at my worst, all love me (they don't always understand me, but they love me anyway!). My own family, who have definitely experienced my dark side, love and accept me. And I continue to meet and "accumulate" some tremendously wonderful people ... people who enrich me in numerous ways.

On this trip, which was to Transmillennial 2009 (the yearly Presence gathering - www.presence.tv), I was able to schmooze again with some old friends (like Kevin Beck, Tim King, the Redding Brothers, Frank Spencer, Mike Morrell, and Rob Hunter), as well as to meet some new ones (Frank's other half Sherry, and Gary & Michelle Amirault).

Only such a glorious gathering could incite me to make my way to Little Rock in JUNE (sheesh, I'd nearly forgotten what humidity feels like!) ... and into a church building to boot (though, Indian Hills church is *not* your typical church!). But it was well worth it! I'll be blogging out of the rich resevoir from which I drank ... life is becoming blog-fodder, LOL!

I've been altered again ... in that wonderful way that feels both liberating and challenging ... with a heart that dances, even while the mind hollers "huh?!?"

But more about that later ...

I must now drag my jet-lagged, sleep-deprived, travel-weary body to bed!

Shalom, Dena

3 comments:

Show Us The World said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! I'm excited to read what you will share from it.
Krystal

cwtpmom said...

Glad you're back.

Harry Riley said...

Welcome back, Dena. I look forward to hearing all your Doings and Beings from the TMC!