Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Excuses and Affirmations ...

I just received a promotion for Wayne Dyer's newest book, "Excuses Begone". I've not yet read any of his books (he was formerly denounced as evil in my previous circles), but I do like these excuse/affirmation messages, and so I forsee delving into his books soon:


"I'm too scared!"
I can accomplish anything I put my mind to, because I know that I am never alone.

This is a beautiful affirmation ... I am never alone. Where could I go to escape or evade the Omnipresence of God? Perfect Love casts out *all * fear...


"I'm too busy."
As I unclutter my life, I free myself to answer the callings of my soul.

I'm going through this right now... having a huge desire to declutter my physical environment, which is metaphorical for a deeper decluttering process, within me. Questioning and investigating all that I believe, so that what I am not falls away, revealing who I really am, in Him.


"It's my personal family history."
I live in the present moment by being grateful for all of my life experiences as a child.

This has become true for me ... after decades of regretting my own past, the things done to me, the things done by me, I'm coming to see that it was all instrumental in making me who I now am ... the consequences for my choices have become my tutors ... showing me what no longer fits me, showing me what works and what doesn't ... showing me the results of my errant thinking. These experiences have brought me into more truth ... they've been used, and are still being used, by the Spirit within, to lead me into all truth (a progression).


"I don't have the energy."
I feel passionately about my life, and this passion fills me with excitement and energy.

Oh yes! I am more invigorated than I ever was in my youth ... I was then sucked-dry by expectations (both internal and external), trying to live up to what I thought I was to do, trying to please others, as well as the internal accuser of my ego. I have a huge reservoir of passion now, which does indeed fill me, and motivate me ... it feels like a spiritual umbilical cord, connecting me to the very passion of God... and from Him I derive my nutrients.


"It's too big."
I think only about what I can do now. By thinking small, I can accomplish great things.
I am quite prone to overwhelm. I see the big-picture all too frequently, and I can be consumed by the very many tasks which all seem to demand my attention and efforts. I like this notion of doing the next thing, and leaving the results to God ... trusting that the continuous revelation of the "next thing" will be given to me, and that I can respond to the inner-guidance that He gives ... here is the way, walk ye in it. Despise not the day of small beginnings ...


"The rules won't let me."
I live my life according to Divine Rules.

Yes ... more and more the ways of man are being shed from me ... I'm outgrowing them like shedding skins that have become too confining. I am grateful for their place in my life, their role in my growth ... but I no longer cling to the ways of immaturity, like a well-worn and even disintegrating security blanket. When a thing has lost it's usefulness, it becomes a fetter, an entanglement, even a blind-fold. I see that the purpose of life is to come into the maturity of Relationship, rather than to conform to training-wheel rules.


"I'm too old (or not old enough)."
I am an infinite being. The age of my body has no bearing on what I do or who I am.

As I mature, as I near the half-century mark, I'm becoming aware of a state of agelessness ... that age is a state of mind, more than a state of body. And even as the body itself begins to fade in prominence, the spirit within emerges as the true-er essence of who I am. And in this way, I observe that physical death is merely the horizon of this stage of life ... that life goes on beyond the horizon, just as surely as the planet continues beyond what I can see.


"I'm not smart enough."
I am a creation of the Divine mind; all is perfect, and I am a genius in my own right.

God's life is all there is ... there is no other Source of life. My true mind is not the egoic mind, but the Mind of Christ ... His very thoughts are within me, accessible when I chose to avail myself of them.


"I'm not strong enough."
I have access to unlimited assistance. My strength comes from my connection to my Source of being.

When I am weak (in my egoic awareness), I am strong (in my true nature). My strength comes from God, who is within ...


"It has never happened before."
I am willing to attract all that I desire, beginning here and now.

I am willing to discover how I am created in God's image ... as a creative being, as one whose thoughts, words and deeds have causal effect ... I am willing to assume the responsibility for this, and to create in cooperation with God intentionally, consciously, rather than to continue to do so unconsciously, and often negatively. I am willing to connect the dots.


"No one will help me."
The right circumstances and the right people are already here and will show up on time.

All the infinite possibilities are already available -- all has been created and awaits my bringing it forth, through my choices. When I am ready, as I can bear it, all that I need will come to me ... in perfect timing and perfect manifestation. I can choose to see all I experience as gifts in disguise ... I can see with spiritual eyes, rather than judging by appearances.


"I can't afford it."
I am connected to an unlimited source of abundance.

He owns the cattle on a thousand hills ... all is God's, and God is in all. He is the perfect provision, and there is no lack. I can cooperate with Him in bringing forth from that infinite supply.


"It's not my nature."
My essential nature is perfect and faultless. It is to this nature that I return.

God is within me ... at my very core, we are One. All the rest, the covering-over layers of illusion, is fluff. If I see myself as less than God sees me, then I am deluded, and that delusion can become my experience, my seeming reality. But it is not Truth. And my delusions can, and are being, replaced with Truth, as my mind is renewed to align with the Mind of Christ. I come from God, and I return to God.


"I don't deserve it."
I am a Divine creation, a piece of God. Therefore, I cannot be undeserving.

It is only my delusions that cause me to sense shame ... shame, fear and guilt are the enemies of mankind. The Law is the accuser of the brethren ... but the Law has given way to Love. Jesus came to show us the Father ... and told us that we are One.


"There will be family drama."
I would rather be loathed for who I am, than loved for who I am not.

This SO speaks to me...! I have exhausted myself through the years, trying to "earn" love for who I am not, but thought I "should" be. I no longer should on myself, and do not wish to should on others. I want to be known for who I am ... and if others thus loathe me, having seen me, so be it. There is more integrity in that ... even if less safety. I would rather be authentic than safe. My security comes in my true identity, and not from the strivings to perform. I cannot earn what I already possess ... I can only discover what I already have.


"It will take a long time."
I have infinite patience when it comes to fulfilling my destiny.

There is no shortage of time with God ... He is outside of time, and I can live in the eternal *now*. It all unfolds in perfection ... nothing is wasted. All is redeemed.


"It's going to be risky."
Being myself involves no risks. It is my ultimate truth, and I live it fearlessly.

I am becoming more emboldened to be who I am. Fear IS being replaced with Perfect Love ... and I can live in an ever-expanding awe and wonder of who God is, and who He's made me to be.


"It will be difficult."
I have the ability to accomplish any task I set my mind to with ease and comfort.

I can do all things in Christ, who strengthens me. My thinking will either prevent or enable me to accomplish what He prepared for me to do, from the foundation of the world. As I change my thinking, I change my life ... and the world.

Shalom, Dena

3 comments:

stageoflife said...

Dena,

I enjoyed your post! You've got great insights.

ET
-------

Eric Thiegs
CEO/Founder
Stage of Life
www.stageoflife.com

Dena said...

Thank you for your kindness, Erik. It's my joy to connect with others in this way (& in countless others). & thanks too, for sharing the link to your site -- I just joined and commented (though I'm having trouble accessing my profile there - got an error message). What a delightful resource you've created! Sharing our experiences to benefit others! And I love that you're collaborating with your cousin. I wish you well in this endeavor -- may it prosper, and may your provision overflow!

Paige said...

Ah...The Author Formerly Denounced as Evil... ; )

Looks like an interesting book.