Friday, November 27, 2009

Prodigal Generation

I see us, those of us living on earth here and now, as the "prodigal generation".

Though it could well pertain to all people of all time ... dunno.

We left Home (God/Heaven) in our own minds ... going into the "far country" of separation-from-God ... we took our own inheritance, voilated love, rejected our Father, made our own way, lived it up, and discovered, to our utter amazement, that it wasn't fun. And our pig-sty stinks.

We have collectively been there, done that, and we know what doesn't work.

We can stop now, trying to keep doing what doesn't work.

We have done our part, if not by being a good example, then at least by being a horrible warning.

What if earth is "time out" for the universe ...? What if folks from other planets come here to see "how NOT to be"? What if earth is considered "cosmic hell"...?

But the lesson is not how *bad* we are ... it's how *wounded* we are. And what are wounds if not open invitations to receive healing?

The thing to learn from our past is not "shoulda/coulda/woulda" but "what can I learn from what I experienced? how can I choose again now?"

I love the Father's answer to His Son (all of us): "Son, I am ever with you -- everything I have is yours."

So much for separation ...! ;)

shalom, Dena

1 comment:

Harry Riley said...

I love the idea that Earth is 'time out' for the universe. What an attractively crazy idea! I wonder which planet I'm from...;)

I am ever with you: In fact there can never be any separation, because we are One, made of the same stuff, and your healing - Me - is within you.

'Tis a Wonder.