Monday, September 21, 2009

Ohhhhhh, God is SO Good...!

Immediately after writing the last blog entry, I went to prepare lunch, and turned on NPR (National Public Radio) ... I found myself listening to a woman, Karen Armstrong (whose books I have read), a former nun, expounding on the history of man's view of God ... echoing what I had just written ...!

Love it!

This is an absolutely brilliant message -- I highly encourage you to hear it (38 minutes).

http://www.npr.org/templates/player/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=3&islist=true&id=13&d=09-21-2009

I'd love to hear your responses, if you tune in...!

Shalom, Dena

2 comments:

Harry Riley said...

I enjoyed that immensely, Dena. I'm going to listen to it again, as there's so much in it!
I think what I'm rapidly coming to see is that we can never hold 'God' captive in the cage of language, ritual... or anything! Indeed, we are so funny to think that we can!:D And in the end awed silence is the only response.

Dena said...

Ain't it GRAND?!?

Everyone who took me up on it loved it!