Sunday, January 23, 2011

Releasing Emotion

There are two sorts of pain that we avoid:

~ Current situational emotions

~ Suppressed hurt from the past


And ... the former can trigger the latter ... so that the pain of our past fuels our current situation ... making the proverbial "mountain out of a molehill".

The basic suppressed hurt, from early childhood, is the feeling of "not being ok". And the key to healing is to get that hurt OUT.

Life will conspire to orchestrate situations and relationships that will intentionally trigger the old pain ... for the purpose of getting it to the surface, into our awareness, in order to be *released*...!

When I resist my pain, when I lash out and blame the situation/person who triggers me, I insure that the pain will remain hidden in me ... continuing to cause me damage, unawares. Then my life will be diminished, and my relationships will be sabotaged.

When I am willing to feel my pain, to dive headlong into it, then I can bring it to the surface, and expose it ... I can look closely at it ... I can look for what I came to believe about myself, as a result of that painful situation ... and I can discover if that belief is totally true about me, or not ...

Next: Healing Core Issues

Shalom & Namaste ~
Dena

1 comment:

Harry Riley said...

Oh yes... it's godda come out, one way or another, and when the junk hits the light it ignites spontaneously. But then it burns itself out and Life, which was always there, now asserts itself. In fact, it's the Life Within pushing the junk out. And All is seen to be Well - once Blind, now I See.

Mighty:)