Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Plethora of Flawed Premises ...

These are taken from "The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships" by Abraham-Hicks ...

Regardless of your opinion of the Law of Attraction (& yes, I have seen how it's been uber-commercialized), or Abraham-Hicks (& yes, I used to have a negative view of them myself), see if you can discern how many of the proposed flawed premises here feel "familiar" to you ...

No test will be given -- this is just for your own ruminations ...!


~ Flawed Premise #1 ~ I am either physical, or Non-Physical, either dead or alive.
(What if we existed before our physical birth, before our physical conception? What if we're Non-Physical beings, experiencing a physical manifestation...?)

~ Flawed Premise #2 ~ My parents, because they were here long before I was born, and because they are my parents, know better than I do what is right or wrong for me.
(What if neither a birth date, or a relationship, makes one person more wise than another? What if you chose your parents -- not for the purpose of obeying them, but for the purpose of learning what you did not like ... and therefore what you did like?)

~ Flawed Premise #3 ~ If I push hard enough against unwanted things, they will go away.
(What if this is an inclusion-based universe, rather than an exclusion-based universe? In other words, what if we get more of what we focus on, whether we are saying "yes" to that thing/situation, or "no" to that thing/situation?)

~ Flawed Premise #4 ~ I have come here to live the right way life and to influence others to the same right way of living. And what feels right to me must be the right way of living for all.
(What if, instead, you came here saying, "I will go forth into a sea of contrast; and from it, more ideas will be born"? What if we finally recognized that everything we "war" against, whether poverty, drugs, terrorism, disease, crime, actually inCREASES...?)

~ Flawed Premise #5 ~ Because I am older than you, I am wiser than you; and therefore you should allow me to guide you.
(What if age does not equate to experiential wisdom...? And what if experience is required, personally, for any of us to learn? What if following another actually keeps us from fully living life?)

~ Flawed Premise #6 ~ Who I am began on the day I was born into my physical body. As an unworthy Being, I was born into a life of struggle in order to try to achieve greater worthiness.
(What if you are worthy, just because you are? What if your worth is inherent to your Being? What if you are actually an extension of Eternal Consciousness ... a manifestation of God/Source-Energy? What if there is nothing to achieve? What if awareness is the point to life?)

~ Flawed Premise #7 ~ With enough effort or hard work, I can achieve anything.
(What if our experiential struggles are designed to show us that we're out of alignment with our True Selves, or our Source?)

~ Flawed Premise #8 ~ To be in harmony with another, we have to want and believe the same things.
(What if the only necessary harmony is between you and You? Between the you you perceive you to be, and the You you actually are?)

~ Flawed Premise #9 ~ The path to my joy is through my action. When I am feeling bad, I can get to a better-feeling place by taking action. I can get to what I want by leaving what I don't want.
(What if happiness happens when we discover that nobody but US is responsible for the way we feel? What if believing that others are responsible for how I feel actually keeps me in bondage?)

~ Flawed Premise #10 ~ I cannot have everything I desire, so I have to give up some things that are important to me in order to get others.
(What if the point is to "get happy" within myself, so as to attract things of a similar "happy vibration"? What if it's not about "getting" ... but "allowing"?)

~ Flawed Premise #11 ~ If I leave an unwanted situation, I will find what I am looking for.
(What if it's not about the externals, but about my own practiced pattern of thought that is bringing me what is unwanted?)

~ Flawed Premise #12 ~ There is a finite number of resources that we are all drawing from. So when I am satisfying my own desire, I am depriving someone else of their share.
(What if we are drawing from an INfinite reSource pool? Would it make sense to say, "I only want 50% of my health portion, so that someone else can have my other half"...? Why would any other resource be limited? What if our thoughts/beliefs create our experiential reality?)

~ Flawed Premise #13 ~ There are right ways and wrong ways to live. And all people should discover and agree on what the right way of living is, and then that right way should be enforced.
(What if the laws in our world, both secular and religious, are written by those who are out of alignment with who they really are? IOW, what if it's all based on the ego? Honestly ... has enforcing the law ever worked...?)

~ Flawed Premise #14 ~ There is a God Who, having considered all things, has come to a final and correct conclusion about everything.
(What if this premise is at the root of all of man's assault on mankind, of all wars, all hatred, all sense of unworthiness/guilt/shame ... what if it is the primary cause of why we disallow our own sense of well-being? What if we are here to co-create, rather than to obey?)

~ Flawed Premise #15 ~ You cannot know, while still in your physical body, the true reward or punishment for your physical actions (or choices, or beliefs). Your reward or punishment will be shown to you after your physical death.
(What if that which feels like love IS love ... and that which feels like hate is NOT love? What if the concept of both reward and punishment are of the ego, and not of God?)

~ Flawed Premise #16 ~ By gathering data, we can effectively sort people, and their actions/beliefs into absolute piles of right and wrong. Getting people to comply with our conclusions, and using enforcement, we can bring about harmony on Earth.
(What if this is the root of religion ... again based on the perspective of the ego?)

~ Flawed Premise #17 ~ Only very special people, like the founder of our group/religion, can receive the right message from God. All other messages from all other messengers are therefore incorrect.
(What if this is hooey?)

~ Flawed Premise #18 ~ By ferreting out the undesirable elements in our society, we can eliminate them. And in their absence, we will be freer.
(What if true freedom is the absence of resistance, and the presence of alignment with God/Source? What if we cannot be in harmony with what we want, AND also in the state of pushing against what we do not want, at the same time?)

~ Flawed Premise #19 ~ A good relationship is one in which the dominant intention of each person involved is to find agreement and harmony with the other.
(What if the way it works is for each one to be in alignment with their own Source, and to then celebrate that alignment with each other? What if, in that state, any disagreement would then be seen as beautiful diversity, and enrichment, rather than a threat? What if we canNOT hold another person responsible for our happiness? What if I must be selfish enough to seek harmony with my own Source first -- in order to give you anything of value?)

~ Flawed Premise #20 ~ When I focus on things of a physical nature, I am less spiritual.
(What if everything physical, whether eating, walking, reading, dancing, or having sex, is innately spiritual? What if there is nothing more spiritual, than to allow the true spirit that is you, to flow through every aspect of your physical life? What if this life is to be a celebration of spirit-manifesting-in-physicality...?)

Yeah ... gotta admit, there are quite a few that feel oh-too-familiar to me ...! How 'bout you?

Shalom & Namaste ~
Dena

1 comment:

Harry Riley said...

OK, Dena, I hereby declare you Queen of the Wodiffera Tribe, and ask this boon of you.

Which Wodif will you attend to first? Each one is worthy of a Plethora of Posts to itself:)